Thursday, September 16, 2010

Struggling with the Bad Weather in the Canadian Rockies

Julie and I are currently on a totally last-minute trip to see Banff, Jasper, and Glacier NP (in Montana; not the one in Canada). So far, we're struggling with the miserable weather all day today, and the forecast for the Banff area doesn't look good for at least the next 5 days (there's even snow in the forecast!). We'll have to see whether we'll ever have the chance to see Lake Louise, Moraine Lake, Peyto Lake, Emerald Lake, Lake Maligne, etc., but so far it's not looking good.

Next week, we're supposed to be in Glacier National Park, but they currently have Winter Weather advisories. We're not sure when the weather there will ever let up towards the end of that week as we'll be there. But the Going-to-the-Sun road will be closed by then (though the snow probably did it in anyways).

At least today, we did see Wapta Falls, Takakkaw Falls, and the lovely Johnston Canyon, which turned out to be a pretty pleasant experience considering the dreary weather. Yesterday, we saw Bow Falls.

We're still holding out hope that Mother Nature will have mercy on us. Stay tuned...

No comments: